Wednesday 13 October 2010

To do...


I’m fascinated by checklist people. The type of people who draw lists for anything and everything. My checklist obsession is hereditary. First seen on pieces of yellow scrap paper which my granny-slash-guardian would chop into perfect little rectangles (approximately 6 x 10 cm).

At the top of each rectangle she would neatly jot down in her favourite dark blue Parker pen To Buy: – followed by a list of four arbitrary items such as milk, pink polony, gum glue, Freedom pads. This list and money would usually go to me or my older brother.

Upon return from the local Shoprite (on the border of Charlesville and Montana) we would have to produce all the items; the exact amount of change; the slip; and of course the yellow piece of paper that Ma would stow away – just in case those exact four arbitrary items might need to get purchased again.

They never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment